We are excited about your interest in recruiting Texas A&M University of Corpus Christi students/alumni! Handshake is career management platform that includes an online job board, career fair registration, on-campus interviewing, and access to student resumes. Once registered, you will be able to post full-time and/or internship opportunities, as well as register for events.
There are a few different options, depending on your situation:
Claim Company: If you are the first user from your company to sign up for Handshake, and your company was pre-created by Career Services, then you can claim your company. The career services center that created your company will then be notified of your request and will have to verify your account before you can take most actions in the system.
Join Company: If your company already exists, and you are not the first user, select your company from the list of suggestions. One of the other Handshake users at that company or Career Services will need to verify you before you can access most site features. Notifications of your request to join will be sent via email to ensure that it is handled promptly. For a guide on how do to create a user account and join an existing company click here.
Create Company: If your company doesn't exist, you can create a new company. It will start out with the same name as your email domain. For example, if you signed up under "firstname.lastname@example.org", the company would be named "email.com". Click on the company name, then click "Edit" in the upper right-hand corner to update your company name and details. For a guide on how to create a company profile click here.
How to Register as an Employer on Handshake:
1. Go to https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
2. Choose Account: Select which type of account you'd like to create: "Employer"
3. Imput Information: Once you select "Employer", imput the requested information. Your email address and password will serve as your log-in credentials for the system.
(Note: You will be asked to pick your company from a list or create a new company. Be sure to use your official company email account. Any company whose email domain matches yours will be suggested. For example, if your email is "email@example.com", all companies using "handshake.com" will be suggested.)
4. Activate Your Account: The system will ask if you are a Third Party Recruiter. Select either "Yes, I am" or No, I am not" and continue. You will receive a confirmation email in order to activate your account. Follow the numbered time-line on the bottom of the browser to continue the registration process.
- If you are a third party recruiter, meaning that you are going to be posting jobs on behalf of another company, with the intent of finding candidates for that company to hire, then you must click the Yes, I am button and then read and agree to comply with Handshake’s third party recruiting policies (by checking the agree to comply box).
- If you are not a third party recruiter (meaning you work for the employer you’re creating the account for), click the No, I am not button and click Finish.
5. Email Confirmation: You will be taken to a confirmation page, and you will shortly(within 5-10 minutes) receive a confirmation email (to the email address provided) with a link enabling you to confirm your account. You must click this link before you can proceed with the registration process.
5. You will be sent to this page when you click on the link in your email. If your company is displayed on this page you will click Join next to your company name. You can also click Create Company from this page if you do not see your company listed.
6. Create Company Profile: If you are creating a company profile, it will ask for a few details including name, website and company e-mail address. Once this information is filled out, you can choose the "Create Company Profile" box. Create a Company profile and choose "Create New Employer."
6. Post Jobs & Register for Events: After successfully creating your account, or linking your email addess within an existing company, you will now have the option to post job, request on-campus interviews and register for upcoming events.
7. Email Confirmation: Once your account has been approved, you will receive an email confirmating your connection to the university.
8. Navigate Options: Use the left-hand toolbar to navigate the options at the University, such as Events, Interviews, Fairs and Job Postings.
How to post a job:
1. Start by clicking Post a Job from your home dashboard:
- You will now be asked to complete 4 steps: Job Basics, Job Details, Job Preferences, and Schools to post the job to. You don't have to fill out every field to create your job - required inputs will be identified with an asterisk (*).
- Note: the more fields you complete, the more well defined your job posting will be (and the more likely you’ll be to attract well-qualified candidates).
2. Job Basics:
- Add a Job Title
- You'll see an option below to add an ATS / job code. If you select this option, you'll be able to add a tracking code to this job that matches the job on your own external site. It's useful as a reference number, but does not actually provide any additional functionality.
- If your company has Divisions set up, you'll see that option appear right below job title
- Require students to apply through an external website or applicant tracking system
- If you select "yes" for this option, you'll be able to input a url for them to apply through
- Note, they will still apply through Handshake first, but they will see your link to also apply through your own system as a required step.
- Display your contact information to students
- If you'd like students to see your name, or your name and email as a point of contact for this job, select either option. Otherwise you can always choose "Don't show my info"
- Add a Job Type
- Don't see the job type you're looking for? Choose "Show more options", and you'll see options for Cooperative Education, Experiential Learning, Fellowship, and Graduate School
- Add an Employment Type & Duration
- By selecting Temporary / Seasonal, you'll see the option to add a start and end date. This is completely optional.
3. Select Next and then you'll go through adding your Job Details:
- Add a Description for your job
- If you copy and paste a description from your own website, Handshake will retain all of the formatting for you
- Choose Job Functions from the dropdown
- This helps students search for jobs by their functional area
- You can add a Job Salary if you'd like, however this is completely optional.
- You can also toggle the dropdown on the right between per year / per month / per hour, or mark the job as an unpaid position
- Enter a location for your job
- This can be a specific office location, or a general city like "Corpus Chrisit, USA"
- If this position is located in multiple locations you can select Add Another Location
- If your job is in the United States, you'll see an additional "Eligibility for international students" section appear. We'll talk about that below.
- Finally, choose which documents to require students to submit with their application
4. Once you're finished with Job Details, choose Next along the bottom of your screen:
- Add a Graduation date range for your job by specifying the earliest and latest graduation date for qualified applicants
- Prefer to qualify students by School Year - like Freshman, Sophomore, Junior? You can select the link below to toggle to that option instead.
- Add a Minimum GPA value
- Choose which Majors would make a student qualified for your job.
5. Setting up who should receive Applicant Packages:
- You'll see your name listed first. You can select (or remove) the following options:
- Email a summary - you'll receive one email once your job expires
- Email every time - you'll get emails each time a new student applies. If you choose this option, you can then specify whether you want every student who applies, or only students who match all of your preferences (Eligibility for international students, grad date / year, GPA, and Major).
- You can also add other teammates to receive packages by choosing from the dropdown. If you haven't added them as a contact yet, there will be + add new contact at the bottom of the dropdown.
6. Once you select Next you'll go through School selection:
- By typing the name of the school, "Texas A&M University Corpus Christi" will appear as an option.
- Add schools on the left, and you'll see them appear on the right in a table
- Note: if your company has not been approved to post jobs at a school, you will not see that school as an option. If you have not been approved at any schools, you can still create this job and come back later to add schools.
- Apply start date - you can choose if you'd like to block students from applying to your job until a specific date.
- Expiration date - you can update the date that the job will expire at that school (and students will no longer be able to apply).
7. Choose Create on the bottom navigation to create and review your job!
If you have any questions please contact Career Services at (361) 825- 2628, or go to Handshake support by clicking here.
For training resources and technical support in Handshake, you can access a support website by going to Help in the upper right-hand corner and selecting Knowledge Base. For technical support, select Contact Support from the Help menu and create a ticket. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the technical support team. NOTE: Handshake is best viewed with completely updated web browsers.
For more help with Handshake click here.