Current students: Please log in using "Single Sign On" to access your Handshake account. Follow steps 1-5 bellow on how to log in as a current student by setting up your "single sign on" and reseting your password. Make sure to use your "islander.tamucc.edu" email address.
Prospective students starting in the Fall 2017 you will have access to your Handshake account after you register for classes
Alumni: Please register for Handshake and contact Career services to have your account approved
If you have any questions, contact Career Services (361) 825-2628.
1. Go to tamucc.joinhandshake.com.
2. Select "TAMUCC Student Login" enter your username (this will be your college email address – for example, email@example.com), then select Next.
3. Select "Set Up Single Sign On"
4. Enter your Islander email address. Then select "Submit Request."
5. A code will appear on your screen then check your college email account for a message from Handshake, and use the link in that email to set up your Single Sign On.
6. Log into your account and start your job search!
1. Go to tamucc.joinhandshake.com, and click "Sign up for an Account."
2. Selct the type of account you would like to create: "Student/Alumni"
3. Select Register a New Account,
4. Fill in information to create a new account then contact Career Services at (361) 825- 2628 if you are an alumni to have your profile approved.
(NOTE: Current students please try using Single Sign On first to see if an account has already been created for you.)
5. Complete your profile and start your job and internship search!
With over 10,000 employers in this database, this section is a great resource to identify companies that interest you.
To search companies:
1. Select Employers from the the left-hand navigation bar.
2. Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your employer search OR search by employer type, size, and/or location.
3. Click on the organization name to view specific information about the company including profile, address and contact information.
1. Select Jobs or Internships from the left-hand navigation bar.
2. Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your search OR simply view all current jobs without entering any search criteria.
3. You can save your search criteria by clicking the "+" symbol at the top of the page and adding a description of your saved search to easily repeat the search again by selecting Saved Searches in the future.
4. Click on a position title to see the specifics of the position and how to apply. You can also select Follow Job at the top to receive additional updates about the position.
Current Students are REQUIRED to register using their ISLANDER email address. If you are an alumni please conntact Career Services to have your profile approved.