Login to the HireAnIslander database or Register
Having trouble figuring out the database? Check out our tutorial for a step-by-step guide to accessing or creating your profile.
Step-by-step guide to uploading documents and applying to jobs using HireAnIslander.
How does HireAnIslander work?
HireAnIslander is our job database. It catalogs on and off campus part time jobs, internships, and full time professional jobs. Registration is free and easy, follow the directions below.
- Click here to register.
- Call (361-825-2628) or visit our office (University Center Room 304) to let us know once you have finished registering.
Search for Jobs
- Login to HireAnIslander
- Select Jobs & Internships from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Fill in the search criteria to narrow down your search OR simply view all current jobs without entering any search criteria.
- Browse the jobs.
- Click on a position title to see the specifics of the position and how to apply. You can also select Follow Job at the top to receive additional updates about the position.
- If you find a job you are interested in and you see a submit resume button at the top of the page, submit your resume and assach the documents the employer has requested. If you don't see a submit resume button, look at the job for "how to apply". If you are still not sure how to apply for this job, contact Career Services at 361-825-2628.
Uploading a Resume
- Login to HireAnIslander.
- Click Profile on the Left Hand Navigation Bar.
- Click the Manage Documents button on the right corner to get to Your Documents.
- Click Add New Document in the upper right corner of Your Documents.
- Complete the New Document form. Uploaded documents can be resumes, cover letters, transcripts, or work samples. Upload your document from your computer.
- Files should be in .PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX format. Note: The preferred format is .PDF. Handshake will automatically attempt to convert any .DOC or .DOCX format into PDF.
- Check the Public? checkbox if you would like your document to be able to be found and viewed by employers on Handshake and TAMUCC's Career Services Center.
- If you want to keep the document part of your private document library, or if you’re uploading it for use in a particular job application, the checkbox should remain unmarked.
- Select Create Document when the form is complete and you can build your profile from your resume.
Step-by-step guide to uploading documents to HireAnIslander click here.
Signing Up for an Interview
- Login to HireAnIslander.
- If you have applied to a job that is hosting an interview on campus and you would like to see if you have been selected for an interview you can select Interviews on the left hand navigation bar. Here you can search for interviews that you have applied to.
- If you need to choose a different time in the schedule you can choose:
- Request Swap: Request to swap time slots with another student. There is no guarantee that the student will accept this request to swap slots so make sure you keep an eye on your interview slot.
- Leave Slot: Remove your selection from the schedule. Until you pick a new time you will not be included in the interview schedule.
- Switch to Slot: Moves you to a new slot in the schedule, this option will only be available if there are open slots to switch to.
- If you would like to browse for interviews coming up on campus you can select Interviews on the left navigation bar. Here you will see all interviews coming up on campus
- You can filter by the options on the left side of the screen to find the interviews you are interested in.
- Click on the name of an interview schedule to view the details and directions to apply.
(Please note: if you are not qualified for any upcoming interviews, or there are none, then you will not see anything appear on the page.)