Here are the steps you must follow before we can meet with you for a mock interview.
1. You must register with Career Services (online or in person). To Register online, go to the HireAnIslander database.
2. After you have registered, come by Career Services (UC 304) or call 361-825-2628 to make a mock interview appointment.
3. Bring your resume with you at the time you set the appointment and confirm that it has been uploaded to our database.
4. If possible please make the appointment 48 hours before the desired appointment time.
5. When making the appointment, indicate that it is for a mock interview (be sure to give professor’s name and class if this is for an assignment) and let the person scheduling the interview know what type of job you are interviewing for.
6. If you are interviewing in person, dress in the clothes you might wear to your interview (i.e.: professional attire). If you would like your mock interview to be recorded please bring a jump drive or USB, so you can review it at a later date.
This is an exciting opportunity to do several different mock interviews and receive personalized feedback from business professionals in the Corpus Christi community, as well as TAMUCC staff and faculty members. This is a chance to practice your interview skills, receive invaluable feedback, and make new connections with people in the community.
Speed interviewing is built on the idea of speed dating with students undergoing multiple interviews in a short time.
Students will learn to:
Contact Career Services at 361-825-2628 or come by UC 304 for more information.
Dress Tips for Men
Single or double-breasted suit in small pinstripe or solid shades of navy or charcoal gray.
Shirts: Light colors, starched cotton. Non-button down collar and long sleeves.
Shoes: Well-polished, black or brown leather lace-up wingtip or slip-on dress shoes.
Ties: Solid, thin striped, or small geometric print. Bottom of tie should meet the belt line.
Accessories: Long, dark socks in solid dark color that complements suit. No jewelry besides wedding band and watch.
Dress Tips for Women
Suit or tailored dress in solid shades of navy, gray, or black with skirts hemmed above the knee. May also wear pant suit.
Blouses: White or pastel colors. Silk, cotton, or polyester material with long sleeves and conservative neckline.
Polished, closed toe shoes with low heels.
Accessories: Subtle makeup. Nails should be neat with no polish or a clear neutral color. One ring per hand with exception of wedding set. Avoid carrying a purse if holding a briefcase or portfolio.
If you do not own professional attire students are welcome to check out men and women's suits from our Suit Closet in Career Services UC room 304!